We here are Out Of Order love hearing from our listeners – even when you leave us drunken voicemails at 3am. Anyway, we decided we wanted to get you more involved in our show, so we’ve created something new called ‘Sink Or Swim’. Each weekend, we’ll play a new song and ask you guys to give us your opinion. Does it sink (bad) or swim (good)?…

Comments can be left here on the website, or on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/outofordershow.

This week’s choice, Belgian-Australian musician Gotye with his song “Somebody That I Used To Know”.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY

Category: Uncategorized

10 Responses to Sink Or Swim: Gotye “Somebody That I Used To Know”

1. Jon says:

Swimming like only a “roid-raging” dolphin can.

• Torie says:

Good to see a tlanet at work. I can’t match that.

• Fatma says:

Posted on Do you pploee have a facebook fan page? I looked for one on twitter but could not discover one, I would really like to become a fan!

• Producer says:

facebook.com/outofordershow and @outofordershow on Twitter

• Karine says:

Really? Hmm…where is he getting that info? It’s true the song has been out for quite some time, but Gotye IS Australian and it hit #1 in Australia among sreveal other countries before they started playing it on the radio in America. And at least for me, I shazam’ed it on the radio and wouldn’t have even known about the cover if Lena hadn’t shared it with us last weekend. And…the original song on YouTube has about 20 million more hits than the cover… Let me know what Rishi says about WHY he thinks (or knows?) this cover made the original blow up!

• Kim says:

Hi Room 13,It’s Andrea (Liam’s mum). I’ve really jeyoend reading your blog and all of your clever comments about the video.I agree that there is no way that the band could have achieved this performance without great teamwork. What I loved about it was that the teamwork became part of the performance every detail of the music was highlighted. I also think that they were very theatrical in a simplistic way; do you know the expression less is more ? Our family LOVE Gotye and we thought Walk Off the Earth’s cover of this song was brilliant. If you get a chance, check out their cover of Party Rock Anthem ; what a hoot!Have a great weekend,Andrea

• Mouhamad says:

LOVE this! Apparently Rish says that this YouTube cover is what made the oriiangl song blow up guess the oriiangl song had been out for several months! So crazy if that’s true!

2. Cary says:

Swim! Liked this song a lot–fresh, new sound. Appreciate the chance to voice an opinion too.

3. Allison says:

Swim; it’s absolutely addicting (even if the melody sounds like a nursery song). I love the Kimbra/Gotye harmony in this. Walk Off the Earth has a very unconventional rendition that’s well worth watching. http://youtu.be/d9NF2edxy-M

4. I adore the template on this wordpress blog. Would you let me know where to get it? Many thanks!

http://www.facebook.com/outofordershow http://twitter.com/outofordershow