Effective as of May 8th, 2012
Information We Collect
- Personal Information. You may be able to enter contests, order products, vote in a poll or otherwise express your opinion, subscribe to our services, become a member of our online communities, or request promotional items on and through our Sites. We may collect certain personally identifiable information from you on these pages, including your name, address, date of birth, email address, and telephone number (collectively, “Personal Information”). We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you visit the Sites unless you provide us with the Personal Information voluntarily.
- Billing Information. If you wish to purchase a product or service through the Sites, you may be required to provide certain information in addition to the Personal Information noted above. Such information may include a credit card number, PayPal account number, and similar information (collectively, the “Billing Information).
- Other Information and Cookies. In addition to the Personal and Billing Information noted above that you voluntarily provide to us, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include (i) information that we automatically collect when you visit the Sites, such as your IP addresses, Internet service provider, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Sites you visit, number of links you click while in the Sites, and similar information concerning your use of the Sites; and (ii) additional information that you voluntarily provide to us regarding your use and interest in our programs, offers, products, and services.
Third-Party Online Advertising
Some of the advertisements on the Sites are delivered by third parties. These third parties include advertisers, advertising agencies, and ad networks. Please be aware that when you view or interact with one of their advertisements, such third parties may collect information through cookies, pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear gifs), and other technologies about your online activities, either on our Sites or across the Internet, in an effort to understand your interests and deliver advertisements tailored to those interests. Pixel tags enable us and these third-party advertisers to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits the site on which the pixel tag is located in order to learn which advertisement brings a user to a given site.
Accessing and Modifying Information
If you have provided us Personal Information or Billing Information, you may access, review, and make changes to such Information by sending an email to our support attendants at the “Contact Us” section of the Site or by following the directions set forth on the Site. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Dial Global marketing email. Registered users cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Use the Information
We use the Personal Information and the Other Information to provide the products and services you have requested, to notify you if you have won a contest, to respond to your inquiries, to solicit your feedback, to inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners, and to tailor messaging to you. Also, we may use and/or share Personal Information, Billing Information, and/or Other Information as described below.
- We may from time to time share the Personal Information and/or the Other Information with other companies who may provide you information about the products and services they offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
- If you choose to enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion from one of our Sites, in accordance with the terms and conditions of such promotions, your Personal Information may be disclosed to sponsors and third parties who help us to administer the promotion, including, without limitation, sponsorship, winner selection, and prize fulfillment. Your Personal Information may also be disclosed as required by law, such as on a winner’s list. Also, by entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, including allowing the sponsors to use your entry, name, voice, and likeness in advertising and marketing associated with the promotion in accordance with applicable law.
- We may share Other Information about your activity on the Sites with third-party advertising companies for the purpose of tailoring, analyzing, managing, reporting, and optimizing advertising you see on the Sites and elsewhere.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing marketing assistance, order fulfillment, billing, and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- If you choose to publish any content on the Sites, such content will be published with any screen name you have provided to us. Please be aware that the information you voluntarily post about yourself and third parties in such areas might be accessed, collected, and used by parties other than us.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and our products and services, we may analyze the Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Sites and/or our products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- If we or any of our affiliated companies (or all or substantially all of our assets or the assets of any of our affiliated companies) are acquired, we expect that the Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information would be transferred along with the other business assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing the Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Dial Global or others.
- You should also be aware that courts of equity, such as the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, may have the authority, under certain circumstances, to permit your Personal Information to be shared or transferred to third parties without your permission.
How We Protect Your Information
Although Dial Global carefully selects its third-party service providers, advertisers, partners, agencies, agents, representatives, employees, and contractors, is sensitive to the privacy and security of your Personal Information, and intends to safeguard such information, Dial Global and any such third parties cannot guarantee absolute security for such information. Such information may be subject to hacking and may be transmitted through or using the Internet, other public telecommunications networks, servers, hardware, and software (collectively, “Systems”) that are not owned, operated, or controlled by Dial Global, and Dial Global makes no assurances that such information will remain private when transmitted by Dial Global through such Systems. Although we use industry standard practices to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that the confidentiality of your Personal Information or private communications is 100% guaranteed.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Sites are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Sites and/or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with Dial Global may choose to opt out of our sharing your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and you have already granted us this permission and (1) you now wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please contact us as described below.
A Special Note about Children
The Site are not directed to children under the age of 13. Dial Global adheres to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and will not knowingly register or otherwise collect Personal Information from any child under the age of 13. We ask that minors (under the age of 13) not submit any Personal Information to Dial Global. If you are under the age of 13, you may use the Sites only with the consent of your parent or guardian.
If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us, by visiting the “Contact Us” section of this Site, and request that such information be deleted from our records.
How to Contact Us
The Sites are owned and operated by Dial Global, Inc., 220 W. 42nd Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10036. For further information about Dial Global, Inc. or the Site, please visit the “Contact Us” section of the Sites. You may have this same information sent to you by e-mail by sending a letter to Dial Global, Inc., 220 W. 42nd Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10036, Attn: Legal Department with your e-mail address and a request for this information.